About Me

My photo
I run The Key and Ten Governor Support - a team of 50+ highly talented individuals with a passion to support school leaders and governors

Friday, 18 May 2012

Developing talent

I have just asked my lifestyle manager to order six copies of 'First break all the rules: what the world's greatest managers do differently' to give to some of my direct reports.  The book argues strongly for a rigorous analysis amd development of the great talent/s in each of the people we manage, rather than a desire to remediate their relative weaknesses.   Even though it's over 10 years since its publication, I am finding it a very provocative read.

I know what my team will be thinking: oh no, not his latest thinking....

But isn't it hugely exciting to be able to keep improving what we are doing - in this case, how we are managing and developing those who work with us...?

Knew you'd agree, team.

No comments:

Post a Comment