About Me

My photo
I run The Key and Ten Governor Support - a team of 50+ highly talented individuals with a passion to support school leaders and governors

Friday, 14 June 2013

The community of school leaders

It is great to have spent the last three days at the Seizing Success conference for 1800 school leaders in Birmingham. The sharing of stories, aspirations, frustrations, fears has been hugely healthy. But what I can see from observing behaviour here is that our profession is marked by a massively strong drive to bring about fundamental change in society. We want equal opportunities for our children and we are moving ahead in narrowing the gap between children from wealthier and more deprived backgrounds, although the stats show that we have a long way to go before we begin to See great results. We are more at ease with ourselves, prouder of our achievements, becoming more imaginative and confident by the day.

I will leave today feeling more positive about the future than I have done for years.  And I will continue to encourage my academically gifted 21 year old daughter to go into teaching, which I believe is the noblest of professions. I would love her to join a community of people who are spending their lives trying to release potential in our society.

Although it might not be the best move for her liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment